I’m short on time but rich on photographs so that’s what I’m posting today! Here’s a very brief run-down of our beautiful day in Uyuni:
- We paid around £17 for the tour picking us up at 10.30am. Naturally the 4×4 arrived at 11.15am. We went with Oasis Tours and they were pretty good; yummy lunch and we seemed to be the only group with wellies provided.
- We explored the train cemetery, which is now just a large and pretty awesome tourist playground.
- We visited a local market and a salt museum, if you can call it that.
- We headed out to the salt flats and wandered around the salt hotel, waiting for our guide to set up lunch.
- We had by far the most picturesque lunch I’ve ever had! A storm was brewing so we even got to see (and photograph!) lightning over the salt flats in broad daylight, which is something I’ll never forget.
- Unfortunately the storm got really bad so we were unable to head to the dry bits nor watch the sunset. This cut our trip a bit short and as well as having a tour guide with questionable photography skills, meant we didn’t get any decent perspective shots 😦
Hope you enjoy the photos! Not sure anything will ever do this place justice…
Love, Lottie xx